- Select the database you wish to copy (by clicking on the database from the phpMyAdmin home screen). You will be in the tab 'structure' by default.
- Once in the database, select the Operations tab.
- Scroll down to the section where it says "Copy database to:"
- Type in the name of the new database.
- Select "structure and data" to copy everything. Alternately, you can select "Structure only" if you want the columns but not the data.
- Check the box "CREATE DATABASE before copying" to create a new database.
- Check the box "Add AUTO_INCREMENT value."
- Click on the Go button to proceed.
When you click on the home icon, you will see your new database listed in the left column. Select the new database and you will see the database is a copy of the previous database.
Make any adjustments you require with care, if you know how